Monitoring and Evaluation Lead
Save the Children is the world's leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children's lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential.
We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We have over two million supporters worldwide and raised 1.9 billion dollars last year to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in health, nutrition, education, protection and child rights, also in times of humanitarian crises.
Following a major transition, our international programmes are now delivered through a merged operation with 15,000 staff, managed through seven regional hubs and reporting to a relatively small, central office. We are changing to become more efficient, more aligned, a better partner, a stronger advocate, a magnet for excellent people and relevant for the 21st century.
The position is responsible for the full lifecycle of recruitment including designing and implementing effective resourcing strategies, building collaborative internal and external relationships and networks.
This position will increase our talent pool to ensure talent is representative of the country Offices we serve and is able to respond to the changing needs of the East and South African context.
The coordinator will implement best practices to recruit individuals who are aligned with the organizational culture while ensuring Save the Children International is an employer of choice. They will also be charged with creating a positive candidate experience.
The post holder will also provide administrative support to the end-to-end recruitment process, helping to ensure a high quality/high touch candidate experience and ensuring solid support to Country Office HR departments. You will also be involved in supporting continuous improvement projects to ensure we continue to deliver to a high standard.
As a member of the Regional Human Resources team and in close collaboration with the Regional Recruitment Manager, you will be responsible for supporting and advising the country Programmes on the Recruitment processes, tools and system
Contract Duration: 3 years contingent to funding
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master's degree in a quantitative field (economics, statistics, public health, applied sociology, etc.) with significant training in quantitative methods plus eight years of relevant work experience; or, a PhD in a quantitative field plus six years of relevant work experience
- Specific technical expertise in monitoring, evaluation, and learning as it pertains to emergency food and nutrition security, DRR or resilience programming.
- Demonstrated experience in leading M&E for a large award, including developing and managing the M&E plan and strategy for such an award.
- Demonstrated experience collecting and analyzing key food and nutrition security indicators, integrating gender into M&E frameworks, and strong conceptual knowledge about Theory of Change.
- Experience using mobile data collection platforms, preferably KoBo or ODK.
- Experience working with USAID Food for Peace or OFDA programs preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently.
- Excellent written communication and presentation skills in English.
Strong training and coaching skills Please apply in English saving your CV and covering letter as a single document, including your salary expectations for this role.
To see a full a job description, please visit our website at www.savethechildren.net/jobs
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse. Employment is subject to our Child protection standards including background checks and adherence to our Child Safeguarding Policy
Save the Children is an equal opportunity employer and seeks to employ and assign the best-qualified talent.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents