In order to be successful you will bring/have:
- Must have minimum 8 years of experience design and development of construction projects, project management, onsite supervision and managing contractors
- Experience in working in a humanitarian / development context.
- Excellent planner and ability to work independently, initiative, multi-tasking and strong facilitation skills in an ever changing, dynamic environment
- Demonstrable track record in the delivery of construction projects in developing world contexts including the management and quality assurance of contractor performance.
- Excellent team builder. Ability to coach others and work in a team environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in insecure environments is critical.
- Commitment and understanding of Save the Children's aims, values and principles.
- A high level of computer literacy (word, excel, ppt etc) and proficiency in AutoCAD or similar drafting software.
- Availability and willingness to travel and work in rural areas/harsh climatic conditions where the project is implemented.
- Technical background and knowledge in construction management and demonstrated work experience in Designing, Supervision and Implementation of infrastructure, Rural Water Supply and Sanitation facilities for community.
- Experience of managing donor(s) funded projects or programmes
- Fluency in spoken and written English, good report writer.
- Experience in South Sudan.
- Experience in Cluster Coordination.
The construction Manager is primarily responsible for program planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating, conducting surveys designs, feasibility studies, site selections and documentation of infrastructure constructions and contract management. Besides, she/he will also provide management and technical support to the construction activities across ten field offices of save the children in South Sudan.
The construction manager is also responsible for his/her contribution of strong Monitoring and Evaluation systems to measure the impact of the program, for providing technical advice (in close co-ordination with the Project Manager in the field and CO) and capacity building to staffs across the field offices (FOs).
The position holder will ensure the construction work is of high quality and achieves the project objectives; he/she is responsible for ensuring that lessons derived through implementation of projects are well articulated, documented and disseminated both internally and externally.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at https://www.savethechildren.net/careers
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process and does not act through recruitment agents