Zonal Child Protection Manager
The Zonal Child Protection Manager will support the management of Child Protection projects in South Sudan within the Save the Children country programme. The Child Protection Manager will have overall responsibility for supporting Child Protection project activities and will work with the Field Offices Child Protection Team to coordinate effective and efficient planning, implementation and monitoring of the Child Protection projects at field level. The Child Protection Programme is currently focused on FTR and provision of psychosocial support working in the conflict affected communities to directly identify and register separated and unaccompanied children and missing children registered by parents and family members, and try to seek the best outcomes in a limited and challenging environment. It also includes components of Psychosocial Support to children through Community Based Child Protection Networks and Child Friendly Spaces.
- University degree in social sciences, social work or community development
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 5 years sectoral experience or relevant experience in social work, community development and working with children in child protection programme.
- Written/spoken English
- Excellent technical understanding of child protection and community based approach
- Computer knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Be able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure
- Able to operate in extremely harsh living and working environment
Additional job responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse