Program Manager, Humanitarian Programs
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Program Manager, Humanitarian Programs in any existing SCI location
This new role is an exciting opportunity for an engaging leader who will provide leadership and support to regional teams and response teams to ensure program quality. The post holder will bring together a community of practice of colleagues across the globe who engage in program quality. Through leadership of this group, the post holder will drive best practices, shared learning and innovation to ensure our response programs are delivering impact at scale and with quality.
Specifically, the post holder will have two key areas of accountability (1) Regularly update and rollout policies, procedures and guidance to ensure response teams have the tools they need to deliver on program quality objectives and (2) Provide hands on support and capacity strengthening for response teams and surge colleagues to ensureintegrated, holistic, transformative programming.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and may be deployed to support responses.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Senior leadershipexperience working in Save the Children with known ability to work across a network of international stakeholders to advance humanitarian programming
- Minimum of 7 years experience working directly in humanitarian responses including in complex contexts to design, implement and evaluate programs
- Minimum of 4 years management experience driving results and impact, while fostering a supportive and positive work environment
- Experience in creating and managing high-performing teams including building shared objectives, quality control, evaluation, motivation, performance and professional development
- Demonstrated experience in strategy development and strong strategic thinking skills, as well as ability to mobilize resources to drive strategy implementation
- Thorough knowledge and track record of influencing public and programme policy and advocacy agendas to promote principled humanitarian response.
- Knowledge of policy, research and evidence-based methodologies with regards to <insert technical area> programming, and other relevant child focused programming.
- Proven experience delivering results and outputs with evidence of adapting based on context and needs analysis.
- Energy and drive to create change in a large complex organisation, while constantly adapting approaches and applying enterprise-driven thinking
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching – ability to work with all levels from CEO to junior staff and across all functions.
- Commitment to building and supporting a diverse and inclusive technical team.
- Fluent spoken and written English.
- Additional languages, particularly French, Spanish and/or Arabic.
We can offer circa £46,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 10 May 2022
Closing date: 27 May 2022 - 01:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Programme Operations
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time