Roving Fleet Manager
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the Roving Fleet Manager in London or any existing Save the Children International office location.
The Roving Fleet Manager will provide operational management to Save the Children Internationals fleet management function at regional and country levels.
Reporting to the Global Fleet Manager, s/he will support the transformation strategy within the Global Supply Chain Management Team. SCI’s global fleet estate consists of more than 1,700 light vehicles, thousands of motorcycles, rentals, and other vehicles.
The post holder will provide technical support, guidance and on the job trainings to deliver efficient and effective total cost of fleet operations, ensuring fleet rightsizing, leading on the implementation of fleet procedures, fleet capability tools, guidance and policy documents.
The role will require the holder to undertake travel to Save the Children countries and field operations, work with minimum supervision under difficult conditions in varying countries (including remote locations) in support of programmes in fleet related initiatives.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrable experience of successfully leading impactful change programs in fleet management within a large, complex organization
- An understanding of general logistics, procurement and supply chain management
- Experience with Fleet Management Systems and vehicle GPS and In Vehicle Monitoring Systems
- Proven experience in Road Safety Risk management
- Creative problem solving skills and the ability to synthesize and analyze complex information.
- Experience, willingness and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people in challenging conditions and remotely supporting a diverse community of stakeholders.
- Strong communication (written and spoken), and interpersonal skills in English
- The willingness and ability to travel overseas including remote and/or difficult environments, for assessments and technical assistance to field programs
- French Language skills are very desirable, Arab and Spanish desirable.
- Experience in all technical areas relating to freight forwarding, distribution, warehousing, and shipping operations as they relate to fleet, including experience of operating complex supply chains
We can offer circa £48,000 per annum (If based in UK) with an option of flexible working hours. If the role is based outside of the UK, National T&C (including pay) will apply.
This role can be based in London or any existing Save the Children International Regional or Country office location on approval, provided the successful candidate has proof of eligibility to work from the preferred location.
Where we Work -Where We Work | Save the Children International
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 22 Nov 2021
Closing date: 9 Dec 2021 - 02:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Business Transformation
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time