Business Intelligence Developer: Global BI Platform
Save the Children International has an exciting opportunity for you to join our team as the– Business Intelligence Developer- Global BI Platform at Any existing Save the Children office location.
Reports into: Project Lead
Number of direct reports: None
Budget Responsibilities: N/A
In order to be successful you will bring/have:
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Extensive experience developing using SQL, relational databases and data warehousing technologies. Primary skill required SQL, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI, Power Query and DAX
- A history of designing and implementing reporting solutions that are both functional and engaging
- Experience working with BI reporting in SharePoint
- Experience of working closely with non-technical staff, demonstrating an ability to translate and negotiate non-technical requirements into a detailed technical specification
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills with a proven ability to explain complex technical ideas and problems clearly to non-experts
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, and strong problem solving skills
- Cultural awareness and experience of delivering solutions internationally
- Keen to learn new technologies, especially in the BI field
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Fluent in English
- Non-profit sector knowledge/experience
- Experience of working within an agile project delivery environment and with offshore project team members
- Experience working with JIRA
We can offer circa £ 48,000 per annum ( If based in UK) with an option of flexible of working hours
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive environment where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please attach a copy of your CV and cover letter with your application, and include details of your salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at www.savethechildren.net/careers/apply
We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
All employees are expected to carry out their duties in accordance with our global anti-harassment policy.
Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
Date advertised: 7 Apr 2021
Closing date: 5 Jun 2021 - 01:59 EAT
Location: Worldwide, Worldwide
Department: Information Technology
Type: Fixed-term contractSchedule: Full-time